RFID identification technology based on the storage of data in electronic devices which respond communicating information at a distance through radiofrequency readers, offers many advantages over bar codes and magnetic stripes:
- Possibility to add information on the chip;
- Identification and verification in a few hundredths of a second;
- Tag (or transponder) may not be visible;
- Tag doesn’t necessarily need to be in contact to be able to be read, thanks to radio technologies;
- The information and communication can be encrypted (privacy);
- It provides traceability of objects in physical space.