- CODEC offers compression ratios up to 1:20;
- It optimizes data in an already consolidated information system;
- It enables the space-optimization on discs;
- It increases security of remote back-up;
- It associated a password during the compression phase for high security;
- It offers the visualization of data on the compressed file (byte size before and after processing, time of operation, percentage of compression).
CODEC 64 is characterized by the implementation of a 64-bit mathematics, which allows the compression / decompression of files with considerable size (limited only by the capacity of the file system, up to a maximum of 4 million Terabytes), ensuring efficiency and reduction of the processing time required.
CODEC 64 offers the possibility to transfer data across different platforms, allowing to make data compression on an operating system and decompression on another system. CODEC virtualizes the compressed data, facilitating in different environments. This is definitely a very useful value-added service for companies for data transfer from historical operating systems, such as mainframes or other, in the upgrade projects.
Unlike CODEC 64 that operates on files, CODEC X2 operates on the buffer, data streams, records and accepts specific parameters indicating what operations are available and how they should be performed.
Codec X 2:
It is able to handle vectors in the input and return the result of elaborations performed on vectors output
It is able to encrypt / decrypt using the DEA / DES-ECB algorithm (Data Encryption Algorithm / Electronic Data Encryption Standard-Cipher Block, Fips 46-3)
It returns a code corresponding to the final result of the activities
CODEC X 2 is suitable for the following applications compression / encryption:
management of data streams in real time, over the network;
processing of one or more records in a database;
storing of one or more files on tape.